Managing physician shortages with nurse practitioners.
The number of licensed nurse practitioners has more than doubled since 2007, and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that number to grow 36 percent by 2026.
The shortage of primary care physicians and other specialists fuels this growth. Across the country, nurse practitioners are providing healthcare in communities that may otherwise go without. Nurse practitioners successfully:
- Support your retention plan and combat physician burnout.
- Help you grow patient visits and market share.
- Reduce in-clinic wait times.
- Fill gaps in your staffing mix.
- Provide quality care for your patients.
Why are nurse practitioners important members of your facility’s staffing mix?
Employing nurse practitioners can help your organization become more efficient. Your hospital could add approximately $203,000 in additional revenue next year by using just one locums nurse practitioner for two weeks.
Sources: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.